ICFA Study Group on Data Preservation and Long Term Analysis in High Energy Physics
Publication from May 2012, available here:
Status Report of the DPHEP Study Group: Towards a Global Effort for Sustainable Data Preservation in High Energy Physics
- 8th DPHEP Workshop, "Costs of Curation" at CERN, January 13-14 2014
- DPHEP@CHEP2103: DPHEP Session at CHEP 2013, Amsterdam, October 16 2013
- Joint DASPOS / 7th DPHEP Workshop at CERN, March 21-22 2013
- 6th DPHEP Workshop at CPPM, Marseille, November 19-21 2012
- DPHEP@CHEP2012: DPHEP Session at CHEP 2012, New York, May 24 2012
High Energy Physics experiments initiate with this Study Group a common reflection on data persistency and long term analysis in order to get a common vision on these issues and create a multi-experiment dynamics for further reference.
The objectives of the Study Group are:
- Review and document the physics objectives of the data persistency in HEP.
- Exchange information concerning the analysis model: abstraction, software, documentation etc. and identify coherence points.
- Address the harware and software persistency status.
- Review possible fundings programs and other related international initiatives.
- Converge to a common set of specifications in a document that will constitute the basis for future collaborations.
Since August 2009, the Study Group is endorsed by ICFA (International Committee for Future Accelerators).
A series of workshops have been held by the Study Group, access to which can be found using the links below.
The 3rd workshop was preceded by a public symposium.
The first DPHEP publication, containing the initial recommendations of the Study Group was released in December 2009.
This was followed by a more comprehesive, second publication in May 2012.